Thursday, September 26, 2013

New Campus and Awesome Week!



Hey Family!!!

So we made the move to west campus, or should I say paradise. It's amazing!!! Seriously west campus is so awesome. I love it way more than main. Main is cool becasue it's main but west is just better. I'll send pictures and hopefully you'll be able to see why I say that. It's just more open so you can walk around and there's a little stream that runs through the middle of it. I'm staying at rain tree but west campus includes rain tree and wyview. Wyview is nicer but i still love it here. And we get to go to brighams landing which is a little shopping center. We went to jamba juice this morning and we get half off! I got a power size and it was 2.90! It is so awesome. And we are going to DP cheesesteaks for lunch and maybe burger supreme for dinner. We can only go there on pdays so we have to live it up while we can! Our apartment is a legit apartment too. Its huge and there's only 5 of us in there right now. It can fit up to 12 people in there and we're hoping no one joins us so cross your fingers! Anyway I love it here! The food is also way better. Youd think it would be the same but it's not. its way better. Well thats about it for West campus. I have a lot of things to talk about from the devotionals we had. Oh and I'm feeling a lot better which is so nice after being sick for four weeks. I'm so grateful for the opportunity I have to be a missionary for Jesus Christ. It's hit me multiple times over the last few weeks and it hit me again. this is no sacrifice. Yeah I miss you all like crazy but it's no sacrifice and i wouldn't trade this for anything. Yesterday during class we were talking about tithing, The spirit revealed to me how little a sacrifice it is to pay tithing and to be here on a mission. The Lord asks us to give only 10 percent of our income and He promises us that He will pour out more blessings on our heads than we can store or handle. All that we have is his and all he wants is 10 percent and for us to obey Him and He will give us all that He has, and all that He is. I know that He is our Father. I know that He loves us more than anything. All He wants, ALL He wants is for us to be happy and to live with us again. He has laid out the perfect path for us and is begging us to follow it. I testify that if we obey the commandments and follow the path that He will provide for us and we will be happier than we can even imagine even during hard times. I know this. On Sunday we watch a video at night and I went to For Such a Time as This by Elder Holland and yes dad "wow". It was amazing. I told you to find the Character of Christ no matter what you had to do and you have to do the same thing for this talk! It is powerful and wow. I don't know how to explain it but you all know Elder Holland so yo uknow what I mean. Here are some of the notes I took. "Today and everyday is supposed to be a wonderful day." This next one goes along with what I was saying earlier. "It wouldn't be happy in Heaven even for God, if He couldn't be with His family. So you have work to do." "From the moment you wake up until the moment you go to bed you are engaged in the saving of a human soul." His whole talk was based this dispensation and how we don't realize and he even said that he doesn't quite realize and blessed we are to live in this time. I thought that was amazing that he said he doesn't realize and appreciate as much as he should living in the dispensation of the fullness of times. He said to pray for an understanding and an appreciation of being able to live at the time we do. Another quote, "we are the favored people God has chosen to bring about the latter-day glory and kingdom of God on this earth." He talked about how the prophets and apostles of old knew that they were going to fail and that there dispensations would come to an end. He said but they saw our day. They saw us, the mtc, the members of the church and knew that we would not fail. They saw that we were destined to win and thats what gave them hope when they knew they would fail. he said that we have all the dispensations of time cheering us on to victory. He then started to talk about Joseph Smith. I have never heard anyone talk about the prophet like this. It gives me chills and brings tears just thinking about what he said and the way he said it. He made it very clear that Christ was excluded from this group he talks about but he said "no man has changed my life more than Joseph Smith. There was no man like him and there won't ever be anyone like him. He has taught me more about the Son of the Living God than any man in the history of written language." He said other things that I didn't write because I was trying to soak it in but the way he said it was amazing. It was so awesome to hear an Apostle of the Lord talk about Joseph Smith in that way. You have to find and watch this talk! One last quote from him. He was talking about his mission and he got emotional and said,"no man was more affected by a mission than I was. My mission meant everything to me, everything to me." Amazing talk. On tuesday Elder Ron Clarke came and spoke. He said at the beginning of his talk, "I bring you President Monson's love, his best wishes, and his prayers. President Monson knows all of you." That was so nice to hear and to know that the prophet of God prays for us out here and prays for our families I'm sure, and that he knows us and cheers us on. Elder Clarke spoke with real authority and power. It wasn't like an Elder Holland or the Quorum of the Twelve but it with authority. One thing I liked was he said, "First you run with your heart, then with your mind, and then with your feet." He was talking about long distance running but really applicable to our lives. At the end of his talk he said "I'd pay $100,000 dollars to be a missionary." It was so powerful and he was serious, you could tell. He really would lay down $100,000 dollars to be a missionary again. It gave me such a great perspective on this work. Shoot I'm running out of time. This is the fastest hour of any other hour in here. One last thing. I've started writing down some characteristics or things that the Lord wants me to be as one of His missionaries. so I have it titled The missionary the Lord needs, wants, and knows I can become. I've prayed for HIm to give me things to do and I'm going to read it every morning and every night to evaluate myself. Some of those things include am I making every minute of every day count? Am I more Christlike today then I was yesterday? Am I talking with everyone? Do I have a stronger and closer relationship with Heavenly Father and my Savior today than I did yesterday? And the one of the most important, can God trust me? Now I have a lot of work to do to become these things but I'm going for it. I encourage all of you to join me in this. I know it's harder for all of you becasue you're not like force fed this stuff everyday but I invite you to try and do it with me. You can make your own or do the same as me. But just like President Boyer said and also Elder Clarke said, this is not my mission but ours and we're in this together. And how grateful I am for that. I love you all so much! I love this gospel. I love my Heavenly Father. I love my Savior Jesus Christ. He is my Redeemer, my Captain, and my King. I know that He is in charge of this work. I know He will come again to reign. I know that this gospel is true. I know it and I'm so grateful for it. I love you all and pray for you all the time! I miss you! Keep sending letters becasue I love getting them!! I love you!!!

Love, Elder Fox





No comments:

Post a Comment